CenterPoint’s founders, Cari Johnson Pelava and Jackson Petersburg, bring over 45 years of collective experience to the field of therapeutic bodywork education.
- The founders participate as active members of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) and the American Organization of Bodywork Therapies of Asia (AOBTA) on a local and national level.
- Their participation allows CenterPoint students and graduates to benefit from a national perspective on issues affecting the profession.
- Both were pioneers in the Minnesota massage and shiatsu professions, and instrumental in the early development of the AMTA and AOBTA state chapters.
CenterPoint offers complete and integrated training in both Therapeutic Massage and Japanese Shiatsu. Our holistic and interdisciplinary environment develops therapists able to integrate two very different, but complementary, healing modalities. Students choose to study both Massage and Shiatsu in order to:
- Gain a wide array of knowledge, assessment, and treatment skills to better serve your future clients;
- Practice both massage and shiatsu therapy with confidence;
- Integrate skill and knowledge from the Eastern and Western therapies to serve a greater amount of clients;
- The ability to treat more chronic and pain conditions with bodywork;
- Be prepared for a wider array of employment options;
- Be eligible for national certification in both Asian Bodywork Therapy and Therapeutic Massage.
Diversity and Depth
- All programs offer a strong foundation in theory and science.
- Students develop excellent technical skills with compassion and understanding.
- CenterPoint emphasizes the development of therapists with assessment and treatment skills.
- Training focuses on proper body alignment and safe practice.
- CenterPoint offers opportunity for personal development with professional training.
- CenterPoint is the only school in the United States that teaches two distinct forms of shiatsu.
- CenterPoint students are guided to develop the business and marketing skills needed to launch their career.
- The CenterPoint faculty comprises several departments, not just several instructors, and is deeply invested in the professional development of our students.
- A low faculty to student ratio allows for individualized attention.
- CenterPoint’s technique instructors hold national certification from either the National Bodywork (NCBTMB) or the National Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), or are certified members of the American Organization of Bodywork Therapies of Asia (AOBTA).
- Our science instructors hold college degrees and possess a depth of experience in their field.
- Our on site, supervised student clinic offers many opportunities to work on the public in a professional, real-life setting.
- Outreach participation at sites as varied as corporate employee appreciation events, private celebrations and community events such as health & wellness expos offer further practical experience.
- Off-site opportunities focus on specialized populations, including college football athletes, Twin Cities Marathon runners, and clients with health conditions.
Career Satisfaction and Success
- All training programs prepare graduates to sit for the national certifying exams of the NCBTMB (National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork).
- CenterPoint’s reputation for producing skilled and professional therapists is recognized among area employers.
- Our comprehensive curriculum develops graduates who are confident and ready to satisfy the increasingly sophisticated bodywork consumer.
- CenterPoint’s curriculum offers the training in business and marketing skills necessary for success.
- CenterPoint offers opportunities for advanced training and certification maintenance through our NCBTMB approved continuing education courses.
Call us Today at 952-562-5200!