East West Therapeutic Bodywork, A.A.S. is CenterPoint’s premier program. This is the program of choice if your vision is to work in a therapeutic or health care environment to help people manage pain and chronic conditions, recover from injury, restore balance and vitality, and increase overall well-being. You have the unique opportunity to experience in-depth training in both Eastern and Western therapeutic bodywork. You acquire skill and knowledge to serve the greatest number of clients.
In this program, students study and practice the full curricula of Shiatsu Therapy and Therapeutic Massage. Students are challenged to integrate shiatsu and massage, bridging Eastern and Western philosophies, theories, assessments and applications in clinical practice. Acquiring knowledge and skills from two powerful systems of bodywork prepares the graduate for a therapeutic professional practice. If your goal is to be an integrated practitioner of Eastern and Western healing arts, enroll in this program.
By completing CenterPoint’s East West Therapeutic Bodywork Program the student will achieve all the specific goals and objectives stated for the Therapeutic Massage Program and for the Shiatsu Therapy Program. In addition, graduates of the East West Therapeutic Bodywork Program will be able to:
1. Integrate assessment methods from Eastern and Western traditions to develop greater understanding of the client’s physical and energetic disharmonies.
2. Develop treatment plans integrating Eastern and Western approaches to more thoroughly address the needs of the client.
3. Blend techniques from massage and shiatsu in a single bodywork session in order to better meet the needs of the client.
4. Converse with health care providers including physicians, nurses, chiropractors, acupuncturists, and others.
5. Describe, as if to a client or another health care provider, the benefits of using assessment and treatment approaches from massage and shiatsu therapy.
6. Exhibit self-care lifestyle choices and self-understanding that arise from the synthesis of Eastern and Western paradigms.
Gainful Employment Disclosure: East West Therapeutic Bodywork GE